• Remove bikes, tools, and any clutter.
• Keep lawns mowed, paths edged, hedges trimmed and gardens weeded.
• A few well-positioned flowering potted plants can create a welcoming appearance.
• Having the exterior washed and windows cleaned can make an enormous difference.
• Paint or wash fences, gates, screens, steps and the front door.
• Ensure your pets are secured so that they won’t pose a threat or annoy visitors. Outside lighting is a
must for evening inspections.
• Your front door and entranceway can be powerful first impression areas.
• Properties yet to be renovated can visually show buyers the potential of the property by decorating the
walls, ceiling and floor of the front entrance.
• Position an attractive plant or piece of art to add that final touch.
• A general spring clean will freshen the look and the air.
• Turn on sufficient lights when inspections are being held to compensate for any dark areas.
• Use odour neutralisers to dispel with cigarette or animal smells. The delicious aroma of brewing coffee
or freshly baked bread will convey the impression that you enjoy your property.
• Bathrooms should be gleaming. Repair any broken tiles and reseal around the bath and basin if
necessary. A dish of scented potpourri or soaps add a nice touch.
• Place freshly cut flowers throughout your property.
• Interesting knick-knacks, books or artwork in feature areas around your property can encourage visitors
• Turn the radio or TV off, maybe in favour of a restful CD. Make sure the temperature inside is
comfortable – even light the fire in winter.
• Attend to any small maintenance jobs such as sticking doors or windows, dripping taps, squeaking
hinges, loose door handles, blown light bulbs or faulty switches.
• Ensure your kitchen is spotless, the working areas are uncluttered with tidy cupboards and pantry.
• Make sure wardrobes are tidy – they’ll look larger.
• Mirrors in smaller rooms can convey the feeling of more space.
• To enlarge room size appearance, perhaps store some furniture and ornaments.
• Allow your buyers the time and relaxed atmosphere to become emotionally involved in your property by
leaving the premises during inspections. Your consultant will maintain security at all times.